A New Era for the Arts and Culture!
The conference in Antrodoco (IT) was an occasion to share our experience, our ideas and best practices for a new era of cultural policies focused on rural and non-urban areas. Along with our guests, we discussed new models of audience engagement and sustainability in the cultural and creative sectors.
Starting from the specific context of the Velino Valley – where many Contact Zones activities took place – we reflected on the issues that are specific to this area and shared good practices based on the philosophy and vision of the Contact Zones project.
Our international guests presented the projects they are carrying out in rural and non-urban areas and deepened the investigation of the impact of those initiatives on the regions and the communities involved.
Lastly, Ondadurto Teatro and our Italian guests discussed how we could promote activities that would be of value to local communities and, at the same time, support artists by helping them build their skills base and reach new audiences.
Who joined us on the panels:
- FABRIZIO CHIARETTI, Cultural Affairs Officer for the MUNICIPALITIES OF ANTRODOCO AND BORGO VELINO (Italy)
- ERNESTINA CIANCA, Director of Cultural Affairs for the MUNICIPALITY OF ANTRODOCO (Italy)
- TESSICINI, F. RECCHIONI, E. MEDORI, Members of Ace20 S.r.l. from the NOVAERA project – New Opportunities for Volunteering Actions in Europe and in Rural Areas (Italy)
- LORENZO PASQUALI, Director of ONDADURTO TEATRO (Italy)
- BÁRBARA LUCI CARVALHO, Director of the INTERNATIONALES FRAUEN THEATER-FESTIVAL (Germany)
- FANNY HAJDÚ, Project Manager at PRO PROGRESSIONE (Hungary)
- BERNHARD BUB, Director of ANTAGON THEATERAKTION (Germany)
- LOREDANA PARRELLA, Director of CIE TWAIN (Italy)
- ALESSANDRA FERRARO, Director of MARGINE OPERATIVO (Italy)
- FABRIZIO GAVOSTO, Director of the FESTIVAL MIRABILIA (Italy)
This meeting was the starting point of a future conversation and the event was also inspired by Voices of Culture and the current advocacy campaign #nonurbanculture launched by IETM, the European Network of Cultural Centres, Culture Action Europe and Trans Europe Halles.
We would like to set you all a challenge!
Imagine you have unlimited decision-making power and funding: what would you do to support the cultural development of rural and non-urban areas?
Please, share your ideas with us at firstname.lastname@example.org!